Blue Haven Marina is Open with Limited Availability. Reservations Highly Recommended.
Hurricane Update 12.14.17
- Supply companies off island have been flying in specialty provisions and parts since a few days after the storms when normal flights and shipping resumed.
- Grocers like IGA Gourmet, IGA, Turquoise Distributions, Quality Supermarket and Smart Supermarket are OPEN and as stocked as any grocer you would find in mainland USA.
- Supporting retailers such as Florists, Repair Shops, Upholsterers, Jewelry Stores, Specialty Shops are OPEN and the local tourist stores are open daily.
- Blue Haven Marina is 50% OPEN with Customs and Immigration back clearing vessels on site.
- A recent bathymetric survey reports little to no change since the last survey.
- Our free pilot service is back in operation from 8 am to 5 pm, available on request.
- 50% of the slips will have power and water restored by the 1st of January 2018.
- The “A and B” dock sections will have ongoing work being done but should also be back to 100% before next season begins.
- The marina staff has been busy catching lines, taking reservations and accepting deposits to hold our slips.
- We are seeing that our slips are in high demand due to the limited availability of slips we have to offer.
- The fuel dock is 100% OPEN and fueling vessels, small and large, on a regular basis again. Diesel has been relocated to the bulkhead near the ramp access to the main marina with a draft of 10 feet.
- Our Ultra Low Sulfur diesel is available at our dispenser and premium REC 90 zero ethanol gasoline is also available.
- All tanks, pumps, lines, hoses, dispensers and other equipment have been thoroughly tested by a marine petroleum company from the USA and found to be in sound, excellent condition.
- The Turks and Caicos Islands overall have rebounded incredibly well as the infrastructure is quite new and very well maintained.
- The reef that surrounds our beautiful Islands was not damaged, so we still have access to some of the best diving in the world on our doorstep.
- Electricity is restored to all areas and the overall repower of 100% of the island of Providenciales has been completed.
- Cellular coverage is restored as well as Cable and internet Island wide.
- Daily life resumed within a few weeks of the storm passing.
- The banking and finance sector is fully operational and functioning as per normal.
- We have had several large vessels visit the Island that were unable to dock shore side due to draft but anchored in the anchoring zones and all reported their guests had a great time.
- All Resorts have re-opened and the island has already had a great influx of guests after the storm.
- All ground transport is fully functional.
- Excursion boats, dive tours, snorkel adventures and many more specialty day trip providers are OPEN and operating every day.
- Restaurants, cafes, beach bars, delis and bistros island wide are OPEN.
- Both FBO private aircraft terminals are open and fully functional.